£25k - £30k
Based in York City Centre
In this role you will provide a high level of support to the Accounts Department Manager in the provision of Financial Services to the practice by providing competent and efficient assistance in Cashier/Book – Keeping duties.
Your role will see you work alongside the wider support teams offering a high level of support to the Teams enabling them to give the best service to our clients.
Duties of the Legal Cashier
• To support the operation of the firm’s accounting system.
• To ensure that all banking is done daily as directed.
• To ensure that all cheques are written on correct amounts and Client Account is
never allowed to overdraw.
• To enter postings to the accounts system on a daily basis.
• To prepare and enter bills on a daily basis.
• To execute Telegraphic Transfers.
• To ensure that all supplier invoices are dealt with in a timely manner.
• To ensure that all closed accounts are authorized and that nil balances are achieved
• To manage Petty Cash procedure.
• To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum
Person Specification for the Legal Cashier
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent IT Skills
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Willing to go above & beyond
• Strong self-motivation and organisational skills
• Works well under pressure
• Professional attitude
• The ability to work as part of a collective team and share knowledge with junior members of the team
Experience Required for the Legal Cashier
• Recent practical experience of Legal Accounts environment
• Working knowledge of accounting principles
• Working knowledge of computers and legal software with good keyboard skills.
• Working knowledge of Solicitor Accounts Rules