Legal Secretary - Conveyancing
JobType: Full time,permanent
Salary: Competative Legal Secretary - Conveyancing
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To work within the Conveyancing department providing administrative support and secretarial services.
Responsibility for: -
- Dealing with all administrative duties relating to client transactions and secretarial requirements including but not limited to:
- Managing Fee Earner's diary
- Preparing files for billing- Screening incoming calls
- Typing of correspondence, photocopying, filing sending faxes and opening new files
- Sorting and prioritising mail, emails and messages
- Dealing with client's matters where appropriate
Supporting in all areas of work where appropriate
- Provision of a reliable and efficient service to clients
- Provision of a professional & friendly service to clients with the ability to recognise when clients may be going through a difficult process e.g. divorce or family transactions.
- Preparation of straightforward legal documents
- Commitment to the LEXCEL & Investors in People standards, the requirements of the Law Society and to understand them.
- Being familiar with the basic requirements of the Solicitors Accounts Rules which affect the receipt and payment into the bank of cheques and the accounting of client's monies.
Support with: -
- Liaison with clients and other parties to update and ensure awareness of transaction process at the appropriate times.
- Postal duties as required
- To support with reception cover as required
ESSENTIAL AND DESIRABLE SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- To have the ability to remain calm, polite and focused when dealing with different situations
- To have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with all employees
- Sound general administrative experience
- Great attention to detail
- To enjoy a varied workload and working at pace
- To be able to produce a high standard of work when under pressure
- The ability to make sound decisions taking ownership when required.
- To present in a professional manner
- To demonstrate flexibility in approach
- To have excellent IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Experience of Legal Secretary work
- Experience of Investors in People and LEXCEL accreditation
Closing date is 31st March 2021
Gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.