£22000 - £25000
Commutable from York, Northallerton, or Thirsk
Reporting to the Logistics Controller the Logistics Administrator will primarily provide help and administrative support to the Logistics Department.
- Working with the Logistics Controller to make sure deliveries are processed through the delivery system efficiently and safely.
- Involved in general order processing and progressing.
- Interact with account managers with respect to delivery schedules maintaining customer satisfaction to help run efficiently and according to safety guidelines. Ultimately, you will ensure our customers receive the right orders on time
- Plan shipments based on product availability and customer requests
- Ensure all relevant Logistics documentation is prepared and circulated appropriately
- Liaise with Third Party Haulage Providers, ensuring conformance to agreed standards
- Be cost aware, co-ordinating despatch of goods within budget
- Participate in and contribute to Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Create and maintain work instructions and process flows as needed
- Promote a harmonious and safe working environment
- Ideally experience within a similar role but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively and work under pressure
- Highly motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills including standard Microsoft packages and in house systems