Hawk 3 is proud to be partnered with a global logistics business who are looking to add a Logistics Operative to their long-standing team in Basildon, Essex.
The role is varied and will require you to support with customer orders (picking and packing, checking, signing off etc.) as well as carrying out all related administration. The working hours are 7:30am-5:30pm Monday to Friday (45 hours per week).
The role would be well suited to a candidate that has experience within logistics and is a confident communicator with both colleagues and customers.
Duties of the Logistics Operative:
- Understand and execute the departments vision of good business development in order to successfully pick and pack products.
- Accurately receive and check orders against packing lists placing articles into location and reduce miss packs by close attention to detail.
- Ensure all goods inwards and outwards are accurate, live and dispatched weekly to the customer
- Accountable for picking and packing tasks.
- Prepare orders for dispatch.
- Ensure all orders are ordered and booked accurately.
- Provide quality checking for all stock returns.
- Accountable for looking after customer’s specific requirements.
- Ensure customer record reporting is always kept up to date and effective customer communication is maintained.
- Propose new ideas to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
Experience required for the Logistics Operative:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to prioritise workload
- Can work as part of a team.
- Strong Excel MS skills
Package on offer:
- An hourly pay rate of £9.32ph, equating to a salary of £21,803 per annum.
- Opportunities for over time (paid at normal rate)
- Great work facilities and a healthy and positive working environment
- Annual leave entitlement starting at 20 days + bank holidays with increases over length of service of up to 25 days.
- Death in Service of 3x annual salary
- Enhanced pension contribution of 9%
- You will be joining an expanding business that is ‘employee focused’ with fantastic progression opportunities.
If you have the experience required, please apply now as the role will not be around for long. For any questions, please contact Bethany at Hawk 3 Talent Solutions. Please note that this position is based in Basildon, Essex.