Job Type: Permanent
Location: Leyland, Nr Preston, Lancashire
Hours of work: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
To assist in maintaining the site by ensuring that all the buildings and grounds are kept in good order as directed by the School Business Manager and the group Facilities and Estates Team.
This job involves various duties to include carrying out general maintenance, repairs to the building and planned maintenance. This will require a high level of attention to detail to maintain the high standards of the main school and associated school buildings.
- Carry out repairs and maintenance to a high standard in a proactive approach
- Keep a record of all the day-to-day maintenance and service activities undertaken
- Comply with all corporate policies regarding Health and Safety whilst carrying out maintenance functions.
- Maintain plant and equipment service records.
- Report defects, damages and malfunctions to the School Business Manager
- Carry out Maintenance and Health and Safety checks on water
- Fire alarm, exits, equipment, emergency lighting, asbestos and general checks as required.
- Understand and ensure the implementation of the group health and safety policy, emergency and fire procedures.
- Ensure that all emergencies are dealt with speedily and effectively, including being a key holder for the site.
- Promote and maximise the security of the premises.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Experience working within an educational setting is desirable, although not essential.
- General maintenance knowledge, basic tasks related to joinery and plumbing.
- Experience working as a qualified electrician, carpenter or plumber- desirable
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations
- Understanding of hot & cold water systems
- Good IT Skills
- Knowledge of good working trade practices.
What's on offer?
- Full training and continued support
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Closing Date 30 th May 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future