Outskirts of Cardiff
Permanent - Full Time 39 hours
Hawk 3 Recruitment are working with a specialist manufacturer based on the outskirts of Cardiff to recruit a Management Accountant to join their company on a permanent basis. Ideal opportunity for a newly qualified management accountant with minimum of 3 years experience, an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to progress and develop their career with an established and successful firm.
To ensure accurate and timely financial reporting to all elements of the business.
To optimise existing processes and maintain Balance Sheet integrity.
Managing a small team of experienced individuals and reporting into two Financial Controllers, this is an ideal role for someone who has proven experience in management accounts and wants to progress their career. This hands-on role will involve liaising with management, being proactive in optimising existing processes and delivering reliable and timely financial information.
Reporting directly to Financial Controllers.
- Production of accurate and well-presented management accounts.
- Preparing and reconciling balance sheet control accounts.
- Assisting in the production of year-end statutory accounts.
- Processing of journals including calculation of accruals and prepayments.
- Monitor and maintain the Fixed Asset register.
- Oversee the perpetual Stock Control process.
- Process Payroll and Pension payments ensuring accurate recording of transactions.
- Process quarterly VAT returns ensuring accurate submission to HMRC.
- Manage Purchase and Sales Ledger ensuring timely close-down for monthly management accounts.
- Ensure Purchase and Sales Ledger queries are dealt with in timely and professional manner.
- Ad-hoc finance projects.
- Recently Qualified Accountant with 3 years in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting and providing accurate management information.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word.
- Prior experience of working in a busy finance department.
- Proven experience in developing new processes and procedures.
- Ability to communicate detailed and complex information effectively and professionally to a wide range of people.
- Ability to solve problems using initiative and creativity; identify and propose both practical and innovative solutions.
- Evidence of ability to undertake and deliver projects.
- Experience of Sage Payroll and Epicor advantageous.
- Flash reports - complete by 5 th working day of each month.
- Management Accounts - complete by 20th of each month.
Pay and Benefits:
- Salary subject to experience
- Holidays are 22 days plus bank holidays (up to 27 days awarded for long service)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Free car parking
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.