Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm
£25,000 - £30,000 - Negotiable depending on experience
Reporting to the Workshop Manager the role is multi-skilled and you will also be required to carry out repairs on customer equipment within our busy workshops.
- Primarily the full time role is to manufacture components for hydraulic cylinders on a daily basis both from drawings and pattern parts.
- A good all round understanding of different machining techniques will be required to manufacture components and replacement parts in the most efficient manner in terms of turn around time and manufacturing costs.
- The ability to provide leadership and guidance/mentoring to our apprentices.
- You will be expected to perform maintenance checks and repairs on machines to a basic level.
- There is the opportunities to assist the field engineers on occasion on larger installation and repair projects
- A good understanding of computer systems in a fast moving environment would be a distinct advantage. Working closely with the rest of the Engineering teams and Technical teams on site to provide support and ensure that both customer and company needs are met as efficiently as possible
- Manufacturing new hydraulic cylinders and components to engineering drawings
- Welding of hydraulic cylinders (if the candidate has the necessary skill set and experience).
- Interpreting engineering drawings and making alterations where required.
- Carry out repairs in the workshop in a timely manner, with some repairs being carried out on site.
- Fault diagnosis, inspection and repair of hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders.
- May be required to assist with breakdowns at very short notice, some overtime and weekend working will be required.
- Must have Experience of challenging turning and milling operations, essential on manually operated machines. Experience with CNC operated machines would be a distinct advantage.
- Must have an ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Must have excellent literacy and numeracy skills, experience of Word and Excel to an intermediate level is essential.
- Must hold a relevant engineering qualification to a minimum of NVQ Level 3
- An ability to weld and fabricate equipment would be a distinct advantage.
- Must have held a UK driving licence for a minimum of three years.
- Ideally will have had 3-5 years' experience in a similar role
- Experience of working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems would be a distinct.
- Some relevant fabrication experience would also assist in this role.
Closing date is the 11 th Sept 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future