Job title: Material Planner/Master Production Scheduler
Job Type: Full time/ Permanent
Hours: 08.00 - 17.00 - Monday to Friday (45 minutes lunch)
Salary: £35 - 40k
To lead the business material planning schedules and managing the movement of material through from receipt to production and manufacturing processes to ensure a consistent flow of products that satisfies customer demand. In this role, the successful candidate will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning and forecasting of sales and how that translates into a procurement order profile.
- Responsible for providing leadership to material planning. Strong cross-functional working will be required to get a total view of the business and ensure execution on procurement plans
- Creation of a master schedule, planning and preparation of operation schedules. Maintains current production status reports.
- Leads the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process. (to be developed)
- Responsible for the coordination of information associated with all sales orders loaded, through to purchase orders & internal/external manufacturing orders.
- Develop requirements and standards to ensure business goals and performance metrics are attained through a cohesive standard of work.
- Develop a model and analysis from current Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system. Communicate departmental requirements to deliver plan
- Analyse inventory levels for purchased and manufactured goods. Monitors and manages material inventories, tracks progress of production, and reviews factors which affect schedules.
- Expedites & prioritises materials both internally and externally by communicating with procurement team and other internal business functional contacts.
- Utilize the MRP/ERP Acumatica system to create and manage production schedules and material demand requirements to execute a controlled flow of materials to meet production requirements and customer delivery schedules.
- Tracks activity and delivery commitments through shopfloor and with sub-contractors as necessary to expedite flow of materials to meet production schedules. Communicates schedule requirements internally.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting material shortages to procurement and the production floor. Request updated delivery dates for shortages through Procurement and Production when they impact ship dates to our customers.
- Tracks and reports scheduling metrics - strong familiarity with MS Office and ERP system understanding
- Minimise inventory input while maintaining on-time customer delivery.
- Ensures that production priorities are met.
- Revises schedules when required due to changes, material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions.
- Creates and maintains tracking systems for new and past due programs/projects, communicates plans/needs to team members and assists in execution where needed.
- Ensures coordination with sales managers, operations managers to make any adjustments to production schedules daily/weekly as needed to meet business and customer needs. Communicates demand information across the facility so that everyone is aware of volume and metrics.
- Utilises Procurement team to escalate supply issues where appropriate
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety requirements.
- Fosters positive relationship with internal and external customers.
- Strong stakeholder management skills to overcome business challenges and achieve results.
- This position requires mathematical ability and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education & Qualifications:
- Degree or CIPS qualifications preferable or relevant experience
- 5-10 years of Operations, Business, Supply Chain manufacturing/distribution environment preferred or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years' experience working as a material planner and/or master production scheduler in a manufacturing, FMCG, environment.
- Relevant experience within a purchasing/procurement environment.
- Excellent communication skills essential, both written and oral.
- Computer literate - Microsoft Packages, Acumatica ERP system experience advantageous .
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.