Material Planning and Logistics / MPL Planner
Hours of work: 6.00am - 2.00pm Monday to Friday
- Ensure that scheduled production can be achieved within the planned resource.
- Ensure that scheduled production enables timely and correct delivery of products to the
- Ensuring optimised and accurate inventory levels for all suppliers.
- Ensure stock levels are readily available and accurate.
- Control of all inbound and outbound materials. Minimise the levels of stock within agreed parameters without jeopardising service levels.
- Adhere to appropriate processes and procedures.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, and distributors
- Scheduling and overseeing the supply and delivery of material's and products.
- Understand and manage risks to minimise impact on production schedule.
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production.
- Minimise obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability.
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis to update others within the organisation.
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy.
- Drive continuous improvement to reduce costs and quantitatively improve services to customers;
- Identify process/quality improvements and manage their introduction where appropriate
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Significant relevant experience working in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of production schedules and part requirements.
- Experience in inventory management.
- In depth knowledge of Health and Safety Awareness
- Proven skill in MRP Scheduling or other planning data bases.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritise and re-prioritise work, in order to meet tight time scales.
- Excellent management skills, being able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, to build relationships at all levels and motivate a team to complete tasks from start to finish.
- An ability to produce professional documents using Microsoft Office Packages (Inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- An excellent customer service ethic, and an aptitude for problem solving lending itself to resolving customer queries.
- Ability to control cost and work within a budget
Closing date is 21 st October 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future