Warehouse/Stores Operative – Permanent
Location: Chepstow, UK
Hours of Work: 40 hours, 06.00-14.00 / 14.00-22.00 M-F (1 week rotating)
Salary: £21,706 (including shift pay) – Overtime available
#warehousingjobs #llop #materialshandler #distributioncentrejobs #warehousingoperatives
Hawk 3 Talent are working with a specialist global manufacturer who are looking to recruit a Warehouse/Stores Operative for their Chepstow site. Excellent opportunity for progression for the right candidate.
Reporting directly into the Paint Line Team Leader in the Production Department, the Material Handler is responsible for supplying the Paint Line with the necessary materials required to complete the Production schedule. Carrying out a range of duties, working both independently and as part of a team to ensure a high standard of service is delivered at all times.
- Check and prepare materials in accordance with the days schedule. Reporting any errors or discrepancies.
- Ensure that the Forklift Trucks are checked daily and in good operative order identifying any defects
- Organise and locate paint line WIP material into designated locations dependant on process requirements.
- Responsible for the good housekeeping of your work areas
- Perform the necessary quality checks on material being picked for the paint line.
- Provide cover on the paint line & packing lines as and when required, carrying out routine quality checks;
- To understand customer requirements in line with the needs of the business;
- To keep up to date and respond accordingly to all enquiries;
- To be a pro-active employee at all times;
- To liaise with and assist internal staff where required, promptly and in a professional manner;
- To attend meetings, training programmes, etc. as directed by management; and
- To provide feedback to all other areas of the business to ensure continuous improvement of our services.
- Any other duties that may be required
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
The ideal candidate will have previous work experience within a Distribution Centre, Stores or Warehouse together. Experience of operating a LLOP Truck is an advantage
- Good team worker
- Manufacturing experience
- Good communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Proactive and solutions focused
- Customer focused
- Willingness to continuously learn and develop
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to work at pace with accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Technically minded
- Physical dexterity
In return, you will benefit from:
Salary: £21,706 (including shift pay)
Overtime available – Mon to Sat time and a half, Sun and Bank Holidays double time
Free onsite parking
Closing date is the 5th July 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future