gap Professional are working with Ifor Williams Trailers, Britain's leading trailer manufacturer, operating at four advanced manufacturing sites across North Wales. We are looking for a Materials Planner to join the team on a permanent basis at their Deeside site. You will be responsible for managing inventories and ensure that material resources are consistent with production schedules.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday / 8am - 5pm
- £22k - £24k per annum
- Determine material specifications.
- Create and maintain inventory schedules.
- Coordinate with internal departments.
- Manage external stakeholder relations.
- Co-ordinate with other departments regarding production goals, timelines and supplier payments.
- Tracking production volume and monitoring customer demand patterns and purchasing trends.
- Scheduling and overseeing the supply and delivery of materials and products.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, and distributors.
- Managing inventory issues, schedule changes, and cancellations.
- Preparing cost estimates and performance reports.
- Preferably a minimum of 12 months experience in a material planning, inventory management or purchasing related position.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process and supply chain management is desirable as is knowledge of MRP systems.
- Proficient in MS Office with the ability to input data and extract reports both quickly and accurately.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a high drive and ability to sort out issues and identify root causes.
- A Degree in sciences, numerate subjects, business or logistics and supply chain would also be highly desirable.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.