Are you an experience Materials Planner, with a proven track record of delivering successfully on targets within a busy materials planning and inventory role ?
Would you like to work for an established, successful, international market leader at its Wolverhampton operation ?
Purpose of Role
Plan & purchase all materials for specified manufacturing and warehouse locations in order to meet production requirements and customer demand whilst optimising inventory levels. Carry out analysis & reporting related to inventory consumption & stock levels, to analyse result performance & provision of inventory forecasts to target & budget levels.
Hours of work
- 8am-4pm Monday to Friday with 30 minutes lunch.
Key Result Areas & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management and planning of inventory, to achieving inventory targets and budgets.
- Organising, administrating and coordination of the placement of purchase orders for raw materials, and packaging items for manufacturing locations within Europe.
- Ownership and management of the complete purchase process from demand planning, decision making on order placement, seeing order through to receipt for external vendors and intercompany supply.
- Analyse inventory levels and demands to determine reorder levels and safety stocks that will ensure product availability and minimise inventory levels and costs.
- Actively provide input into the demand planning process to capture and react to regional activities, trends, and demand changes.
- Raising of purchase orders based on demand planning and inventory targets while considering local requirements for warehousing space and any legal permissions.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure smooth processing and delivery of goods including customs agents for material imports.
- Develop existing forecast and supply programs to improve current days of inventory and cash cycle.
- Drive, promote and develop positive and constant communications with suppliers and key business partners both internally and externally to improve forecast accuracy.
- Coordinate with manufacturing and warehouse teams to ensure material requirements both in-bound and out-bound are correctly reflected in material planning
- Create and maintain close contact with key stakeholders in technical, product management and operations teams to exchange information on material changes and issues that can influence the planning, make and follow up on corrective actions necessary
- Advising the production planning and customer services team of any potential issues that may affect their orders and working to resolve these.
- Oversee and facilitate all inventory and purchase order transactions within the ERP system.
- Track and escalate inventory & logistics issues as needed to ensure on time arrival.
- Monitor, maintain and analyse current inventory Trends, Metrics and Goals.
- Manage and generate inventory adjustments and transfers in ERP and planning system.
- Update and adapt product forecasts and material consumption in conjunction with the sales team forecasts, in order to meet the demand profile whilst maintaining inventory targets.
- Monitor and drive action planning for slow moving, obsolete or damaged inventory and instigate actions to minimise it.
- Monitor performance of the suppliers and raise complaints where required through the complaints database. Investigating and processing complaints and invoice queries.
- Take responsibility for the control and co-ordination of all stock taking activities across a number of warehouses
Ideal Background – Education, Skills and Experience
- Experience with an ERP / planning system (ideally SAP).
- Education to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent.
- 1-2 years + relevant professional experience.
- Experience of working in a high pressure and target driven environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in building strong working relationships both internally and externally.
- Candidates must have demonstrated high-level analytical skills, including MS excel, data-mining software and other analysis tools.
- Ability to create high-level analytic reports, insights, summaries and recommendations: strong Excel data modelling skills and analysis work required.
- Ability to manage product life-cycle through EOL.
- Proven people skills required: ability to professionally manage external partners, and react efficiently and promptly.
- Team-worker essential, with excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Willingness to “muck-in” as part of a small, closely-knit team.
Closing date is 15th November 2021
Hawk 3 are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.