Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer, with a background of working on High Speed Machinery, ideally maintaining Plastic / Print / Paper or Bottling Plant ?
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a market leader in their specialist field ?
Responsible for providing an effective and efficient maintenance programme of 14 machines. This role is an integral part of the running of the business to keep the machines on schedule to meet the production demand.
Main duties and responsibilities
- The position will involve the disassembly, cleaning, assembly, refurbishment and test of envelope machines.
- To prevent breakdowns by checking, cleaning, and oiling machine parts regularly.
- To attend breakdowns.
- To use tools such as micrometres, callipers, and gauges etc. to check and adjust the parts of a machine.
- To follow blueprints and engineering specifications and maintain careful records of work carried out.
- To order new parts to replace the damaged parts.
- To manufacture or repair parts as required.
- To carry out building maintenance when required.
- Once a machine has been fixed, the fitter must test it to make sure that it is working properly.
- To carry out any other work as and when required as directed by the Engineering Manager.
Attributes, Qualifications & Skills
- Time served
- Worked in a production environment
- Able to work under pressure
- Work as part of a team and alone
- Flexible attitude and approach
- Maintain careful records of work completed
- Experience in centre lathe turning, milling, welding (TIG, MIG, Plasma), fitting skills.
Closing date is 15th October 2021
Hawk 3 are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.