Commutable from Leeds, Pontefract, Garforth
Hours Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm
Work closely with sales and account managers to maximise profitability by predicting and monitoring sales and accurately ordering and controlling stock levels with the minimum of markdown.
· Manage the ordering process for branded goods to ensure that the right levels of stock are available to fulfil orders and that stock levels are managed to provide optimal availability for wholesale and direct to consumers.
· Managing and reporting on sales and stock cover levels, reviewing regularly to ensure that stock is available to maximise sales.
· Manage markdown levels within defined parameters to achieve budgeted sales, margin and stock level objectives.
· Review sales information, highlighting opportunities and areas of risk.
· Create regular forecasts based on demand-profiling, seasonality and sales data.
· Monitoring sales and sell-out rates to ensure adequate stock cover to maximise sales.
· Facilitate weekly trading meetings to review sales, stock cover, future requirements etc.
· Liaising with sales and customers to agree delivery dates, negotiating quantities and timescales with suppliers.
· Review risks and opportunities with Range Manager and National Account Managers, identifying repeats, cancellations, markdowns, etc.
· Setting stock promotions and price reductions in agreement with the Brands Director.
· Placing all confirmed sales orders/purchase orders on company systems.
· Liaising with customers and attending customer meetings on and off-site as required.
· Negotiating with overseas suppliers to agree ship-dates and critical approval dates for orders.
· Manage the varying models of retail buyer including drop-ship vendor and consignment in addition to managing own stocks for direct to consumer.
· Specification and ordering of the relevant packaging & labels for customer orders, updating factory packing specifications. Confirming artwork/layouts. Approving purchase invoices for packaging/labels.
· Input to range-strategy with sales data, trend analysis and ‘lessons learnt’ reviews.
Skills and experience
· Up-to-date with the latest merchandising trends and best practices including clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them (e.g. Stock Turn, NAM, ROS)
· Excellent numeracy, verbal and written communications skills including the accurate recording of data.
· Retail merchandising experience
· Strong presentational skills
· Proven commercial acumen
· Strong analytical skills
· Excellent IT skills; - able to use technology to improve productivity, analysis and reporting.
· Knowledge of integrated merchandising planning and forecasting