Mobile Industrial Services Operative
Base: Rugby (Warwickshire) or Newport (South Wales)
Standard Hours: 40 hours per week: 8 hours per day Monday-Friday plus overtime as required to meet the needs of the business including nights and weekends
Salary: £40k+ OTE with overtime and bonus
Full time, permanent employment 20 days paid holiday plus Bank Holidays, company bonus and pension scheme.
Hawk 3 Talent are recruiting Mobile Industrial Services Operatives for our client, an industry leading provider that delivers responsive, professional and dependable waste management and industrial services across the UK. This is a fantastic opportunity for a hardworking, motivated and committed individual to join a successful and rapidly expanding business with progression opportunities for the right candidate. For a candidate who displays a strong work ethic and commitment, our client will provide full training for the role.
The role of the Industrial Services Operative is a rewarding role and very varied and the work ranges from unskilled to highly skilled. You could be involved in general site cleaning one day and a confined space tank clean with full breathing apparatus the next. You will operate in support of a variety of industries, you could be working at a cement works or an oil refinery one day and inside a sewage treatment plant or a Royal Navy vessel the next. All IS Operatives are specially trained to carry out the various aspects of the role which are all conducted under strict health and safety rules following rigorous assessment of the potential risks involved. Work is usually carried out at the convenience of the customer, so there will be a requirement to travel and to work unsociable and often long hours to complete a job on schedule. There will be a requirement to pass security clearance to gain entry to certain work sites.
Carry out industrial services operations to a high standard in accordance with training and Company H&S procedures.
- General site cleaning, repairs & maintenance
- Scheduled plant cleaning, repairs & maintenance cleaning during shutdowns
- Pollution control and spill response
- High pressure water jetting
- Cold cutting using specialist hydro-cutting equipment (Hull only additional training required)
- Confined space operations, such as tank or sewer cleaning, which may involve the use of breathing apparatus
- Rescue team duties (additional training required).
- Ensure customers are treated with courtesy at all times.
- Ensure client is informed at all times regarding task and H&S issues.
- Comply with customer safety and security instructions at all times.
- To work under own initiative.
- Maintain good timekeeping.
- Be prepared for flexible working including out of hours work.
- Work records, timesheets, and all relevant documentation to be completed Daily/weekly.
- Maintain cleanliness and ensure roadworthiness of any vehicle under your control.
- Driving van and trailer (over 3.5 tonnes combined – Cat B+E licence required)
General H&S Responsibilities:
- Comply with Health & Safety requirements: as per training, policies, procedures, risk assessments, method statements, safe systems of work etc.
- Actively seek to improve safety culture.
- Report any H&S issues/accidents/near misses to your line manager immediately.
The successful candidate must be willing to work overtime to meet business needs including unsociable hours. All expenses paid, hotel, travel and £25 per night away. Travel will only be paid to and from the base… Rugby or Newport.
Closing date is the 29th Nov 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future