MULTI SKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - ELEC BIAS
PERMANENT - FULL TIME
LOCATION: BALA, NORTH WALES
SALARY: £40K PLUS OVERTIME AVAILABLE
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer for our client, a specialist food manufacturer in Bala, North Wales. The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for all reactive and proactive maintenance work, whilst making sure it is carried out to the highest possible standards across the whole of the site.
- Expected to carry out all maintenance across the factory.
- Attend to breakdowns onsite ensuring that there is always a rapid response, and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised. Always endeavour to reduce downtime of site plant and machinery.
- Carry out repairs to plant and equipment during production, effectively and efficiently either alone and/or as part of a team.
- To carry out PPM onsite whilst always ensuring that there is a pro-active approach to planned maintenance and a high PPM output.
- Deliver on plant uptime and maintenance KPI's through planned, preventative & predictive maintenance.
- Deliver improvement work on machinery and site improvement work.
- Ensure Engineering time is managed effectively and that there is low Engineering down-time
- Improve OEE.
H&S, Food Safety, and GMP
- Maintaining tools and equipment, so that they are in a safe working condition, as well as making sure that the workshop and plant rooms are always safe environments.
- Always adhere to technical procedures and Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP).
- Work in a clean and orderly manner in compliance with the Company's Hygiene Code of Practice.
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are met, and that all equipment complies with Company and legal standards.
- Have a proactive approach to fault finding, a commitment to continuous improvement, and personal development.
- Must have the knowledge, discipline, and initiative to work alone.
- Practical attitude.
- Applies a team approach to engineering issues.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Must have effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer literate and a working knowledge of MS Office and a PPM system.
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings/manuals.
- A logical and flexible approach to working.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and should be proactive in driving through continuous improvement initiatives
- Possess excellent decision-making skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience.
- Multi-skilled with formal engineering qualification to NVQ Level 3 or higher, in an electrical or mechanical subject.
Nationally recognised apprenticeship in an engineering discipline and possess 17th or 18th Edition Certification.
- Proven experience of working within the food industry is essential.
- Exposure to metal detectors, mixers, depositors, and flow wrappers would be an advantage.
- Extensive experience in carrying out and analysing breakdowns.
- Health and Safety/Basic Food Hygiene trained.
Salary: £40k with overtime available at time and a half.
Hours: 12 hour shifts. Days 6am to 6pm Nights 6pm to 6am
4 weeks of Days, 4 on 4 off followed by 1 week of nights Monday to Thursday
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future