£38,000 to £45,000pa
Our clients IT Department is committed to building and maintaining safe, secure, and efficient IT networks and application systems to promote the use of technology as being core to the organisation's growth plans and sustainability. The Network Administrator position is responsible for the platforms that the Group's internal IT systems operate on across its multi-site operations. Formal accreditation training will be provided to IT team members where required.
Educated to degree level in computing, numerical or scientific discipline is desirable, alongside a strong commercial background and evidence of delivering benefits across a multi-functional organisation.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter, the ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and offer creative and forward thinking solutions where necessary. Demonstrable experience as a Certified MS Network Administrator or Engineer (MCP/MCSA/MCSE), or relevant position managing secure networks in a MS-Windows environment in a multi-disciplined, enterprise organisation is essential for this role.
Skills and Experience
Strong network hardware knowledge and experience with a history of successful design, specification, build, installation, and configuration of virtual network platforms; inc. Host, SAN and NAS infrastructure.
- Trained / certified with demonstrable knowledge of Windows Server and desktop operating systems
configuration & troubleshooting Active Directory is essential for this position.
- SCCM/MECM skills would be advantageous.
- Experience of Azure and Mail 365 configuration and administration would be advantageous.
- Trained / certified in virtual server network technologies, specifically ESXi and VMware 6.5 and above
configuration and administration. VCP accreditation advantageous.
- Skilled in all aspects of Veaam configuration and administration.
- Very strong TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP and LAN/WAN/VLAN skills. Experience of HP and Cisco switches and
routers with fibre is preferable. CCNA/CCNP accreditation advantageous.
- Very strong Powershell / CLI scripting skills are required.
- Firewall configuration, management, and monitoring experience. Experience of Fortigate products preferable.
- Enterprise wireless networking solution design, configuration, and management skills.
- Proven knowledge of IP telephony systems is required.
- Excellent troubleshooting, diagnostic, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to assess and prioritise workloads.
- Proactive team player and communicator.
- Tolerance and determination with users of all abilities.
- Flexibility to work on planned, out of hours systems projects if required.
- A full driving licence will be advantageous.
- 6.4 Weeks holiday
- Free Eye Test
- Free parking
Closing date is 02 April 2022
Hawk 3 Talent are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
Hawk 3 Talent are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.