Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Job: Night Youth Support Worker
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cranborne, Dorset
Hours of work: 8.45pm - 8.15am (4 on 4 off Shifts) Average 43.75hrs per week
Salary: £8.95 - £9.65ph + £15 per night shift worked
As a waking night support worker you will directly support our young people in their evening activities, sports or hobbies both on and off site
- Interact, support and monitor all those in your care at regular intervals through the night.
- Support, and participate in evening leisure activities with our young people.
- Support the young people to adopt a healthy sleeping pattern where possible.
- Ensure the medical needs of the young people are met at all
- Support the young person to develop independence skills such as budgeting, shopping, and cooking as well as taking care of their clothes, bedrooms, personal belongings, accessing the wider community and using public transport part of learning independent living skills.
- Support relationships and communication between young people, parents, family, friends, guardians and external agencies involved in their lives.
- Keep records accurately and up-to-date
- Ensure safeguarding and health and safety procedures are followed at all times
Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
- Full UK driving license and access to your own car
- All applicants must be 21 and over to work
- Be positive and creative in meeting young person's needs
- Be able to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Competent ICT skills
- Show a strong understanding of what 'good care' looks like and how to put the young person's needs first, whilst empowering them to be independent and treating them as an individual
- Full training and continued support
- Opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in HSC which will be funded by us!
- Life Assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk Box
- Free Parking
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Closing date for application is 30th August 2021.
hawk-3 talent solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future