PERMANENT - FULL TIME
COMPETITIVE SALARY PLUS BENEFITS
Hawk 3 Talent are looking to recruit a Production Engineer for their client, a specialist manufacturer for their site in Ilminster. Excellent opportunity for progression with a forward thinking and rapidly expanding business.
Responsible for the introduction of new parts into current manufacturing processes including documentation, tooling, equipment and procedures. Maintaining current and fixing of the legacy-manufacturing environment. Working as a member of a multifunctional team within a dynamic production environment in support of the business goals, objectives and AS9100 accreditation.
- Maintain and improve current products with regards to manufacturing process, including make to print BOMs.
- Review and develop the manufacturing process for new parts and make to print orders in line with current processes and production requirements.
- Attendance of MRB, investigation and solving of current production process issues.
- Ensure production processes and SOP’s efficiently utilize materials, methods and personnel.
- Support the testing and replacement of obsolescent consumables.
- Design and manage the introduction of new tooling related to current production processes.
- Participate in PFMEA and capability/repeatability improvement activities.
- Maintaining of H&S risk assessments for current processes and support of new risk assessments where required.
- 3 years + experience of working within manufacturing engineering teams within a production environment
- Results orientated
- Proven problem solving skills
- Flexible approach to working to meet project deadlines
- Proven capability to learn and implement new skills and processes
- Attention to detail and understanding of the business environment
- Ability / robustness to self-prioritise work packages within a dynamic agile NPI Environment
Skills / Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Process investigation and problem solving
- Experience participating in PFMEA/control plan development
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in the use of 3D Drawing packages
- Awareness of glass machining and polishing, thin film coating, machining of metals, painting, powder coating, plating and conversion coating, latest manufacturing philosophies, preferred not required
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of lean manufacturing and six sigma (DMAIC)
Competitive salary offerred based on skills and experience.
- 37 hours per week
- 8.30-16.30 M-Th, 8.30-16.00 F
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension pays 6%
- Company bonus scheme
- Onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Long service and staff recognition awards
Closing date is 13th August 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.