Salary: £40-45K + £5k car allowance
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 45 hours Monday to Friday, 7am - 5pm
Provide Operational support to the Depot Manager whilst developing a thorough knowledge of the business, commercial activities and HSE Legislation.
To take responsibility for the management of all operational management within the specific site and/or department.
Management of all staff on site
Management of all visitors including customers, drivers and contractors when on site
Ensure depot operations are operating within all relevant laws and licensing requirement
Ensure compliance by staff and visitors of all health, safety and environmental procedures and policies, assisted by the Regional Health and Safety and Environment Managers and the team of SHE Coordinators
Demonstrate an understanding and compliance of all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations, and apply this knowledge to conduct audits of personnel and procedures
Develop a detailed understanding of all bespoke management systems including Total Compliance Management covering SHE systems and competence, finance/accounting/stock management systems and CCTV monitoring systems
Develop a detailed understanding of all mobile and static plant to understand processing capabilities and maintenance requirements
Monitor production of all static plant to ensure optimum utilization in line with KPI targets
Work with Finance/Accounting staff to set budgets
Assist in the management of profit and loss to achieve targets.
Daily analysis of margin and overhead to evaluate and identify efficiencies
Assist with the Depot overhead and margin forecasting and monitoring thereafter
Overview of recruitment of staff and overseeing induction and training thereafter
Disciplinary involvement where appropriate
Project management - overseeing machine installations and civil construction projects
Overseeing major maintenance projects and drawing up contracts
Review procurement in line with Group deals and challenge for better value solutions
Maintain security of staff, product and sites
Communicating with regulatory bodies such as Police, EA, HSE and HMRC remove HMRC
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Previous experience of a metal recycling company is not essential
- Experience of a relevant industry e.g. waste management, logistics, Depot Operations, Aggregates, Construction, Manufacturing
- Previous Supervisory/Management experience is highly desirable; alternatively the candidate should display competencies and behaviours of a future leader
- Understand/Appreciate the operational business
- The ability to demonstrate excellent team working relationships, fostering an environment based on trust and mutual respect
- The ability to maximise relationships and communicate with a broad range of Internal/External stakeholders
- Capable of assessing information and data in relation to decision making.
- Experience of working in a fluid environment where priorities can change and flexibility is essential.
Closing date is 26 th August 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future