Role: Operations Manager
Location: North East & Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive + plus car allowance
Hours: 40hrs per week including some evening and weekend working
Role and responsibilities
- To ensure the client is provided with the contracted level of service and to co-ordinate the site teams ensuring they operate in a diligent and safe manner to deliver the service the Company is contracted to provide.
- Create a positive working relationship with the customer.
- Manage, motivate and support site staff to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Operate within company policy and maximise profit within budgetary parameters.
- Develop understanding of continuous improvement within the business and host workshops in locations to drive ideas and adoption of best practices to enhance the culture
- To ensure the scheduling and timely delivery of all site operational activities.
- To ensure that site information is available to ensure that KPI reportage is undertaken on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that site operations are undertaken in a safe manner with special focus on ensuring:
- All necessary risk assessments and method statements are available
- All necessary current best practice is available and used
- All necessary visual aids are available and used
- Staff are thoroughly trained in all safety aspects relating to their roles
- The safe use of plant and equipment.
- Responsibility for costs relating via the recognised purchasing and payroll systems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Company HR processes, ensuring they are carried out correctly, and seeking support from, or providing support to, Human Resources where appropriate.
- Ensure that all staff have the required competence to undertake their roles, providing the necessary training and development where appropriate and maintaining accurate records of this training.
- To establish and maintain a clear understanding of customer quality standards and operate audit processes that ensures both Customer and company expectations are met.
- To undertake a regular review of services provided in conjunction with the customer to determine the extent of customer satisfaction being achieved.
- Establish and maintain a working knowledge of Company systems and endeavour to ensure adherence to these, paying special attention to Operating Systems and processes for timely delivery of services to the required standard. Implement new and revised systems where necessary.
- Identify process/quality improvements and manage their introduction where appropriate.
- Ensure the procurement of capable and reliable plant and equipment required for operations.
- Ensure all service contracts and maintenance activities associated with the equipment used for the site are undertaken.
- To undertake the effective building and maintenance of client relationships ensure the company image suitability represents the high standards required by the Company.
- To support the active promotion of company products and services to the customer, liaising with colleagues at all levels to ensure a co-ordinated approach by the Company.
- Management and implementation of standardised work processes across the business.
- In addition to the duties listed above the Operations Manager is required to perform other duties as reasonably requested by the General Manager.
As the successful candidate, you will have strong leadership skills and the ability to delegate accordingly. Relevant experience working in a similar and unionized environment will be advantageous.
Closing date - 26/11/2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future