Permanent Optical Worker (MRF, Lap Room, Lens Edging, Polishing, CNC, Coating, Diamond turning)
Hours of work: 39 Hours per Week - Rotational shift with 20% uplift: 6-14.30 M-Th, 6-13.30 F / 14.00-22.30 M-Th, 13.00-20.30 F
Salary: £10.00 - £10.50 per hour (overtime at 1.5hr rate after 39 hours)
The position is responsible for maintaining, setting-up, operating and troubleshooting CNC diamond turning machines.
- Maintain equipment, setup and operate CNC diamond turning machines.
- Understand optical manufacturing drawings.
- Understand ISO and MIL specifications.
- Create CNC programs for diamond turning machines.
- Make adjustments to established CNC programs with minimal supervision
- Select and adjust tooling changes as needed with minimal supervision
- Designing of diamond turning jigs and fixtures.
- Inspect and measure diamond turned optical parts to ensure conformity to specified tolerances.
- Perform optical tests including interferometry and profilometer tests to determine optical quality
- Perform cleaning operations to keep work area machinery maintained
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- 2+ years of experience in CNC machining (Optical manufacturing preferred)
- GCSE or equivalent qualifications in English, Maths and Science
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of CNC diamond turned optical components
- Ability to use precision measuring tools and optical test equipment
- Ability to read optical drawings
- Continuous improvement through process development
- Knowledge of manual handling
- Strong organisational and communication skills
Closing date is 17th April 2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future