Part Time Receptionist - Term Time Only
Hawk 3 are recruiting for an experienced Part Time Receptionist to within a leading independent school in the EX1 Location.
Receptionist will be contracted to work 36 weeks per year with 4 weeks paid annual leave plus bank holidays.
Specific Qualities Required
- A courteous and welcoming manner under all circumstances (ie on the telephone or when receiving visitors to the school; in dealings with parents, pupils and all staff)
- A flexible approach and an enjoyment of teamwork; a willingness to adapt to the changing demands of school life.
- To take charge of the main switchboard, answering, logging and forwarding incoming calls; to promptly pass on messages to pupils and staff
- To maintain efficient and welcoming conditions in the reception area
- To ensure reception is kept tidy and clutter free and to deal with lost property and deliveries promptly
- To welcome all visitors to the Main School and ensure they sign in and receive a badge when they arrive
- To deal with all incoming post and distribution
- To check online registration system for all girls ensuring that all unaccounted are reported to school office both for morning and afternoon registrations.
- Operate and control CCTV/Access entry system
- Ensure staff and pupil registers kept updated at all time in case of fire
- To provide badges as required for meetings (e.g. for teaching staff, Governors) and to maintain staff badges
- To deal with sale and prompt allocation of event tickets as directed
- To produce and distribute subject labels and staff badges for Parents' Meetings
- To co-ordinate the signing in and out of pupils for the Late Room
To specifically manage and deal with promptly and efficiently the Office email account, of all incoming emails and checking of spam
- To provide administrative support for the Head's PA, School Administrator and Main Office when required
- To send letters as directed by the School Administrator
- Preparing end of term envelopes for all parents / students for reports, progress checks and correspondence as directed by the School Administrator
- To assist with the administration of the annual student summer awards and citations as directed by the Head's PA
- Distribution of newsletter each week to staff and parents
- Assist with preparation of all school letters and distribution accordingly.
- All other Ad hoc administration tasks that may be required across the school.
- To provide administrative support as required
- To provide assistance with any reasonable request as directed
- To liaise with The Senior Finance Manager regarding annual leave so that reception is covered at all times during school vacations
- First Aid training is a requirement
£11,500 Pro Rata
12.30 - 17.45 term time
Closing date 18th November 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future