Job Type: Part Time School Psychologist
Location: Cranborne, Dorset
Hours of work: 24 hours per week spread over 3 days
Salary: £19,909 - FTE £40,000
To use psychological models and practices to enhance the learning, cognitive and emotional skills of young people in order to prepare them for adult life and independent living. To provide direct support for other staff so they can respond to young people's communication and behaviour to reduce reliance on staff or other adults.
You will be part of a 9 strong therapy team, who consistently band together as a family and strive to support their young people in their development.
- To assess the psychological needs of young people through the most appropriate strategy or approach for that person.
- To liaise with external professionals involved in the care of young people
- To contribute to the training and support needs of families.
- Develop and deliver appropriate therapeutic group interventions.
- Provide tailored individual interventions to young people when required
Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
- Experience working with young people with autism and ages 11-16
- Post graduate clinical qualification in Psychology.
- Registered and accredited with Health & Care Profession Council (HCPC) as a Practitioner Psychologist
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to promote the dignity and individuality of young people by encouraging effective communication, making choices and reducing support needs
- Develop positive professional relationships with young people, parents, families and colleagues.
- Promote attitudes that value young people with Special Educational Needs as individuals with a right to be treated with respect.
What's on Offer:
- Full training and continued support
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Closing Date 6 th August 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future