JOB PROFILE Parts Advisor
Job Title Parts Advisor Reporting to Depot General Manager
Summary of the role's main purpose
To ensure the efficient operation of the stores for the West London Depot, through implementing effective stock controls, and maintaining appropriate stock levels. Administer job sheets and timesheets from workshop staff, issue job numbers and ensure workshop parts are recorded and allocated to the correct job.
1. Effective stock management and associated administration.
2. Manage stock paperwork processes and document reconciliation.
3. Maintain the security of stock.
4. Use stock forecasting to prevent obsolete stock build-up.
5. Manage parts stored under their control belonging to third parties.
6. Manage parts sales to customers.
7. Raise appropriate parts orders to suppliers.
8. Reconcile delivery notes to advice notes to invoiced amounts.
9. Update the goods ordering and stock control system upon delivery.
10. Checking usage and setting re-order levels.
11. Allocate stock to bin number locations, and update stock control systems for bin changes.
12. Ensure all parts are clearly labeled and identifiable.
13. Carry out regular stock checks and investigate any discrepancies.
14. Manage workshop consumables.
15. Manage parts orders from customers, from enquiry through to invoicing.
16. Invoice all parts sold promptly and accurately.
17. Manage goods returned including checking the condition of returned parts.
18. Retain and manage goods claimed under West London warranty.
19. Administer customer credits and West London recharges on returned and/or warranty items, adhering to Company policies.
20. Ensure good housekeeping of parts and bin locations.
21. Effective workshop paperwork management and associated administration.
22. Final cost of supplier's invoices: query or validate the invoices
23. Raise estimates
24. Back up recharge queries alongside the recharge administrator
Measures of Success
Low levels of stock shrinkage
Low levels of stock obsolescence
All parts labelled accurately
All stock stored in specific bin locations
All workshop job sheet & parts sheet information entered onto workshop data system
Stock management software
Local PC system
Level of Decision-Making Authority
POWERS DEVOLVED: Decisions the jobholder can take.
Parts orders up to £250.
POWERS WITHHELD: Decisions which must be referred elsewhere.
Approval of changes to policies and procedures.
Purchases orders over £250.
Purchases of body build parts (eg. fridges, polar curtains, panel kits, headliners)
Orders for repairs and services carried out by third parties.
Key Leadership Behaviours
Planning and executing effective parts and stock management with accountability for results.
Creating and assigning the correct job numbers to all workshop jobs and paperwork.
Key Technical Skills
Working knowledge of stock control systems and software, and analysis of stock trends.
Core Areas of Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Sound knowledge of stock management systems and software.
Experience in managing stock.
Good time management and organisational skills
Excellent knowledge of refrigerated vehicle bodies.
Knowledge of Transportation and Logistics industry.
Strong PC literacy.