Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Working Hours: Between 6am - 6pm and 6pm - 6am (3 on / 3 off)
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are working with a client who are the UK's largest purchaser and recycler of glass and they are now looking for a new Picker to join their dynamic team in Tilbury
Main Responsibilities of the Picker
- As the picker you must ensure the processed product passes all quality specifications by the removal of contaminants.
- Ensure the picking station and immediate surrounding area is kept clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Remove and separate other unwanted materials as per work instructions issued or from Supervisors immediate requirements.
- Always maintain a high standard of housekeeping within the picking station and eliminate the danger from slips, trips and falls.
- Make sure you have the correct PPE for any given tasks, that it is in an appropriate condition and it is being worn correctly.
- Clean around the picking station conveyors at the end of every shift.
- The picker must make sure the picking station bins are emptied at the end of each shift.
- To assist Maintenance during plant downtimes making sure you are either supervised or fully conversant with the task requirements and safety needs.
Experience and Skills required
- The ideal candidate for the picker role must have good knowledge of health/safety & Environmental practices
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability works manage multiple workloads simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Whats in it for you?
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Leave pay
- Enhanced sick pay with length of service
- Extra annual leave with length of service
- Discounts and perks linked to EAP system
Closing date is 22.07.2022