Title: Plants Technician (Horticulture)
Contract: Full Time/ Permanent
Salary: Up to £25,000
Our client specialises in the production of various formats of perennial plants and hardy nursery stock. A Technical Grower is now required to work with the Nursery Manager on a permanent full-time basis, to assist in all aspects of crop production with a good knowledge of composts, fertilizers, pests, and diseases.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Plants Technician:
- Assistance to the Nursery Manager with the forward planning and management of the nursery
- Purchasing of all stock and sundries required for nursery operations
- Product development from start to finish
- Leading teams on growing related tasks to timescale and agreed standards
- Pest, disease and quality control
- Ensuring the team are working safely and complying with relevant legislation
- Use and management of crop protection chemicals and PGRs, among other related tasks as they arise.
Requirements of the Plants Technician:
- You’ll bring horticulture expertise with proven experience of retail management.
- Previous experience in horticulture.
- Knowledge of pest control.
- An understanding of growing from propagated cutting material and liner production.
- Most processes are computer controlled, from environmental computers to bespoke software, so a good IT knowledge is essential.
- Good organisational skills are essential in order to manage schedules and ensure product specifications are met on time.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client. Anyone wishing for further information or apply directly, please contact Emily Moverley on 07483 006 354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org