gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
Reporting to the Lead manufacturing Engineer. To assist the operations team to improve the manufacturing of product by developing the most optimum processes to exceed customer requirements. To develop and implement efficient production equipment to increase production rates and reduce process variation. The role will also support NPI projects with key focus around delivering the new product designs to manufacturing.
- You will scope and design processes, implement production equipment, cost control and process risk assessments.
- You will provide engineering expertise to deliver projects and provide production support to ensure the safe and efficient operation of processes.
- To provide technical support and expertise of manufacturing processes in order to improve performance with regard to quality, output, productivity and cost.
- Constantly review and investigate industry technology improvements and suggest best practice manufacturing and processes where applicable.
- You will assist in establishing manufacturing standards, monitoring performance and analysing deviations across the manufacturing facility.
- Support the training of new and existing processes, raising training and process corrective actions with manufacturing when required.
- To assist with the development of and implementation of quality improvements, including the updating and maintenance of FMEA's, process flows, process control, scrap reduction.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
Proven industry experience working as a Process Engineer in Optics, Fibre Optics, Electronics or Assembly manufacture.
Understanding of lean manufacturing processes and quality tools + techniques i.e. VSM's / 6S / Work Place Organisation / PDCA / Visual Management
Experience in Lean Six Sigma and Lean Principles in volume manufacturing preferred.
Closing date is 12th September 2020