Job: Procurement Officer (3/6 Month contract)
Location: Nelson, Lancashire
Job type: 3/6 month contract
Hours: 40 hours per week to Monday to Friday
They are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement officer to oversee purchases and develop new contracts. In this position, you will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for their Company. You will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of current and incoming inventory, and be responsible for approving purchases.
- The project management and undertaking of all aspects of procurement to agreed timescales and budgets
- Ensuring the development of effective procurement models and strategies to meet the objectives of the organisation
- Ensuring all procurements achieve optimum value for money, comply with all current legislation, best practice and is free from error and any potential for legal challenge.
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyse all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Work with team members to complete duties as needed
- Manage inventories
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Quality focused with a good knowledge of the principles of customer service
- Experience within Construction / fit out / engineering experience (Essential)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a procurement officer or related position
- Specialises in Manufacturing Industry
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
Closing date is 18th July 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future