Product Engineer - 12 Month FTC
Gap professional is operating as an employment agency on behalf of our client who is a Global Aircraft Company located in the Wolverhampton location, who currently have a new and exciting opportunity.
Are you an experienced Production Engineer? Are you up for the challenge of playing a major role in helping with the continued success?
. Primary areas of responsibility include supporting of production assembly and test areas by resolving issues, maintaining product integrity, and influencing product cost.
The Product Engineer must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally at all levels of the business.
Leading and implementing process improvement activities, designing improving and organizing repair tooling and reviewing test equipment all forms part of your role. As a self-motivated and enthusiastic problem solver your role will have a direct influence on turn- around time, quality and cost of the product.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or similar and 5 years' experience in aerospace or similarly complex industry
- Ability to generate clear production assembly and test work instructions
- Experience of developing production flow lines
- Knowledge of APQP requirements is essential
- Ability to facilitate design changes, generate engineering documentation and support the modification process
- Identify areas for producibility and quality improvements in assembly and test and product design
- Experience of working with remote teams would be beneficial
- Experience and knowledge of industrial engineering or project engineering may be an advantage
- General knowledge in areas of root cause corrective action, lean and project planning.
- Ability to make engineering judgements and construct engineering justifications
- Must be computer literate, proficient in Microsoft office applications
Closing date for applications: 15th May 2021
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future