OUTSKIRTS OF NEWPORT
SALARY £48K NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
FULL TIME: MON TO THURS 8AM TO 5PM FRI 8AM TO 1PM
Due to business growth, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are looking to recruit a Production Manager for our client, a specialist manufacturer based on the outskirts of Newport, South Wales.
Main Purpose of Role
Manage and co-ordinate the execution of the production schedule to enable Order Fulfillment to achieve customer satisfaction and related Key performance indicators. To clearly communicate production expectations to support departments and analyse their required input to ensure performance levels are continuously improving. To motivate senior production staff to achieve productivity and quality to meet internal targets and customer expectations.To ensure adequate skill level to meet business requirements. To eliminate waste and lost cost in sub assembly and Final assembly by elimination of in-process defects and scrap.
Outcomes of Role
- 100% Achievement of production schedule.
- Acheive a minimum manpower utilisation of 75% / month,
- Manufacturing Aged Orders : maximum quantity of 10, zero quantity aged>10days.
- First time yield: minimum 99.7% maximum defect rate of 0.3% or 3000ppm / month
- Scrap Costs : Maximum £300:00 / month.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the manufacturing facility, ensuring maximum and efficient utilisation of resources.
- Achieve key manufacturing objectives ensuring production schedules are met.
- Work within, and promote existing, industry standards.
- Manage and motivate staff against recognised roles and responsibilities.
- Analyse and maintain production data to enable productivity trend evaluation.
- Meet product quality standards and delivery schedules, as well as aiming to reduce production cost, through effective utilisation of available resources.
- Ensure quality issues are contained, investigated and corrective and preventive actions are implemented and reviewed to reinstate satisfactory quality of manufacture.
- Evaluate and determine the manufacturing facility required and to upgrade the facilities to meet future developments.
- Reduce material wastage and minimise losses.
- Work closely with the Quality and Engineering departments to control further processing or delivery of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Ensure all problems relating to the product, process, and quality system are recorded.
- Plan, initiate, recommend, and provide solutions, through designated channels, for continuous improvement.
- Ensure all solutions are implemented, monitored, and acted upon.
- Ensure all manufacturing areas continually review and improve their Quality Management System.
- Execute and monitor the production schedule based on delivery time and productivity.
- Ensure adequate health and safety standards are maintained and enforced.
- Ensure the control specified standards of build and classifications of build status e.g. IPC 610D standard.
- Ensure the adoption of the process approach related to the manufacturing activities
- Ensure all maintenance activities are actioned as per internal schedules
- Ensure training needs are identified and met through a company wide training programme.
- Undertake Line Management responsibility to ensure formal performance planning reviews are conducted when applicable
- Ensure that all company operating values and compliance procedures are adhered to at all times, including quality management, health and safety, legal stipulation, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Any other duties deemed necessary.
Skills (include professional or educational qualifications required)
- Computer literate Excel, Word
- ERP Knowledge
- Formal Problem solving skill (lean, six sigma)
- Minimum of 5 years electronic manufacturing including SMT, Though hole and test/ Assembly
£48K – negotiable depending on skills and experience.
Company Pension (company matching employees’ contribution up to 5%)
Private Medical Cover for employee and family
Death in Service (6 times annual salary)
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future