Hawk 3 are proud to once more be working in partnership with luxury chocolatier Hotel Chocolat to recruit Skilled Production Operatives for their Huntingdon site.
This fantastic business continues to experience unprecedented levels of growth, which will see the site triple in size over the next couple of years, with these vacancies alone leading to a 40% increase in headcount, and that's just for starters....
Since their inception in 1993, they've been raising the bar as an innovative, authentic and ethical manufacturer, who are passionate about fairness, equality & giving back - three core qualities they also live by as an employer. They are committed to continually investing in their employees and see it as their mission to ensure each person is given the opportunity to learn and grow alongside the business.
The above, plus a welcoming and energetic work environment mean these positions truly represent an exciting opportunity for the right candidates to build a career with a highly regarded, luxury brand who still operate with a "family feel".
- Location: PE29 7HF
- Hours of work: Sunday - Thursday, 10PM - 6AM
- Salary: £12.16 per hour
Working as part of a collaborative & multi-skilled team, you will be responsible for manufacturing world class chocolates to strict guidelines and delivering the daily production plan in a timely fashion, within agreed quality parameters.
The Skilled Operative will pro-actively work with the Chocolate Manufacturing Technician to continuously improve performance to the agreed KPI's and will reinforce health & safety standards and the team ethic of HC through effective communication.
It is important to note that as a Skilled Operative, you will rotate to work on all stations within your line and applicants must be eager to learn and complete multiple production functions/tasks, which will involve lifting. In addition to this, a line may produce several different chocolates in a day and between each, lines must be cleaned, and ingredients and equipment changed.
As above, you will rotate around your line and duties will include: Placing moulds onto lines, filling moulds, emptying moulds, measuring ingredients, preparing mixes in accordance with strict instructions, programming, operating and/or monitoring machinery, hand decorating chocolates, quality checking, packing chocolates and boxing packed chocolates.
No matter which duties you are assigned during a day, high levels of food safety & hygiene standards, accuracy, attention to detail and pride in your work will be key.
Skills, experience & attributes sought:
- Experience - Production (food or small products that require manual production) or mixing (ingredients, powders, liquids, chemicals).
- Qualifications - Food Safety level 2 (desirable)
- Good English language skills - This is a multi-cultural and diverse site who utilise English as their common language. Applicants must be able to fully understand and communicate in English both for their own safety and that of others.
- High levels of manual dexterity - Tasks will vary as above, however will require the ability to repeatedly place delicate decorations or patterns onto chocolate with accuracy.
- Physical fitness - This role entails some lifting, repetitive manual tasks that exercise hand and wrist movements and involve standing for long periods of time in one position.
- High standards - Food safety, hygiene, quality and working safely are all key to this position.
- Flexibility and accountability - Eager to learn, seeking to develop in line with growth, willing to complete multiple tasks, takes pride in completing all tasks to a high standard.
- Enthusiasm - Upholds company values, seeks opportunities to improve self or processes, communicates positively, supports colleagues, retains attention to detail always.
- No weekend working
- Annual leave: 20 days + Bank holidays
- Discounts - 50% off retail products, dining & cafes. 70% off stays at Hotel Chocolat's Boucan Hotels in St Lucia
- Life Assurance - 2x salary
- Pension - contributory scheme
- Cycle scheme
- Significant opportunities for development and progression