Production Operator - Days
Outskirts of Cardiff
Permanent Mon to Friday 6am to 2pm
£8.92 per hour
Hawk 3 Recruitment are working with a specialist manufacturer based on the outskirts of Cardiff to recruit Production Operators to join their company on a permanent basis. Excellent opportunity to learn new skills and potential future progression.
- To manufacture doors, flashings, and ancillaries, so that the product is delivered on time in full; the product quality exceeds customers' expectations; and costs are controlled within budget.
- To conduct all activities safely, and with minimal impact on the environment.
- To comply with the company's policies and procedures, particularly in respect of quality, health & safety, housekeeping, environment, and human resources.
- To take part in programmes for continuous improvement, and the systematic elimination of waste.
- To support a culture in which employees take pride in their work, are focussed on customer service, are proactive in finding long term solutions to problems as they arise, are constantly looking for ways to improve the way they work, accept responsibility for their actions, and treat each other with respect.
Work as a member of the production team on any task that you have been trained in, as requested by the Production Team Leader or Production Manager.
Comply with health & safety, housekeeping, environmental, quality, and human resources policies and procedures.
Report any potential issues which might impact on our ability to achieve the production targets for the day promptly to the Team Leader or Production Manager.
Accept responsibility for the quality of the work you produce. Understand the customer requirements and quality standards for the work you are doing. Report any queries or potential non-conformances promptly to the Team Leader or Production Manager.
Record the quantity produced and materials used accurately and promptly in the Vantage system.
Train other team members to operate equipment or carry out production tasks safely, and to the required quality standards, as requested by the Production Manager.
Learn new skills as required so that the production team can be flexible, and to ensure long term succession planning.
Ensure that your workplace is maintained in a safe and tidy condition throughout the working day, and particularly at the end of each shift.
Ensure you understand the risk assessments and safe working practices for your area. Report accidents and near misses to the Production Manager or Team Leader promptly. Assist Production Manager in the investigation of accidents or near misses.
Participate in stock counts as requested by the Purchasing Manager.
Carry out machinery checks and preventive maintenance as requested in accordance with the agreed maintenance schedule.
Report any problems with the manufacturing equipment and facilities that may have an impact on the team's ability to meet output targets. Suggest improvements to the equipment or plant layout that would improve the effectiveness or productivity of the processes.
Provide information to the Continuous Improvement team and participate in Continuous Improvement projects as requested.
Closing date is 19 th Sept 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.