Production Operative - Mon to Thurs Nights
Location: Chepstow, UK
Contract: Permanent 40 hours per week
Shift pattern: Sunday to Thursday 22.00 - 06.00
Salary: £12.41 per hour with overtime available
Hawk 3 Talent are working with a specialist global manufacturer who are looking to recruit a Production Operative join their Production Rolling Line at their Chepstow site. Previous CNC experience would be an advantage however not essential for the right candidate as full training can be provided. Excellent opportunity for progression for the right candidate.
To assist with the manufacture of all products. To operate, set and program machinery as required following strict safety and quality requirements, ensuring that customer expectations are met in line with organisational values
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Operation of equipment and machinery in a safe manner.
- Carrying out machine change overs in a safe and timely manner with the use of CNC systems.
- Assembly of goods on a production line.
- Collation of all produced material via paper documentation (daily process sheet), i.e., product identification, batch, quantity etc.
- Contribution towards targets via daily scheduling being met.
- Inspection of material, and all quality control checks as required.
- Ensuring the production area is kept in a clean operative state.
- Providing cover in other areas of production when required.
- Carrying out maintenance and cleaning of equipment when required.
- Fault finding and reporting of any defects or problems.
- Providing assistance to less experienced operators when required.
- Any other duties that may be required.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
Knowledge & Experience
- CNC experience
- Good team worker
- Machine setting experience
- Manufacturing experience
- Working with production targets
- Using measuring devices, i.e., vernier/calipers
- Performing technical quality checks
- Understanding of production costs, i.e., waste, downtime, scrap & re-work
Good IT skills
Good communication skills
Good problem-solving skills
Proactive and solutions focused
Willingness to continuously learn and develop
Ability to work alone or as part of a team
Ability to work at pace with accuracy
Attention to detail
In return, you will benefit from:
Salary: £12.41 per hour
Upon commencement, the successful candidates will take part on a 12 week training course working days and afternoon 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm alternating. Whilst training, the hourly rate will be £10.92.
Holidays: 22+BH rising 1 day per year to 25
Overtime available - Mon to Sat time and a half, Sun and Bank Holidays double time
Free onsite parking
Closing date is the 30 th Sept 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future