PRODUCTION SCHEDULER / NEWTON ABBOT
Location: Newton Abbot, TQ12
Assignment: Permanent contract
Hours: Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 4:00pm & Friday 7.30am to 3:00pm
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
We are currently recruiting for a Production Scheduler / Expediter to join our well-known manufacturing client in Newton Abbot on a permanent full time contract.
Our client manufacturers a wide range of marine engineering products for a wide range of vessels with additional factories based in India, Dubai and Malaysia.
The successful candidate will have experience within production scheduling, planning, expediting and progress chasing within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
Duties as a Production Scheduler:
- Responsible for planning, scheduling and monitoring the progress of customer orders through the business
- Expediting the timely provision of raw materials and purchased parts to complete orders on time
- Create, update and control data within MRP system and production scheduling spreadsheets
- Monitor work orders and advise the sales team of progress on orders
- Allocate materials and monitor shortages in conjunction with stores, planning and purchasing
- Support the communication of production schedules to different departments
- Working with production and sales, generating, planning and monitoring production process, workflow and schedules to ensure the best on time delivery
- Review production specifications, identify and report plant capacity constraints
- Work with management to execute and implement process improvements
- Ensuring that materials and equipment are pre-arranged for production
- Coordinate with sales, production and purchasing teams to develop and maintain scheduling parameters
- Experience within production scheduling, planning, expediting, customer account management
- Familiarity with manufacturing or engineering environment
- Previous experience in the use of an MRP/ERP system and MS Excel
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Strong organization skills
- IT literate
- 33 days paid holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Free onsite parking
To apply for this role, please submit your CV via the Apply Now button or contact our Exeter Office on 01392 273665 for more information.