Job: Production Supervisor
Salary: £35,000 - £37,000 + 20% uplift on rotational shifts
Hours : Rotational Shift Patterns 6am-2pm/2pm-10pm with shift allowance on rotational or afternoon shifts.
- First month - earlies to integrate/learn systems, then late shift up until Christmas. Rotational Shifts in 2022
As one of the production supervisors you will report to the Manufacturing Manager. You will be key in the resolution of issues effecting the performance of your team and will be expected to pull in the support from the cross functional teams to ensure robust and sustainable solutions are put in place. As the team lead you will be at the forefront of all CI activity so you will lead in such a way you promote change and leadership to your peers and subordinates at all times.
- Support the Manufacturing Manager to implement and continuously improve the safety culture and performance of the Department targets.
- Manage day to day production activity in the department in respect of safety, quality, cost control and delivery of production to ensure customer commitments are met on a day to day basis.
- Manages inventories and stock.
- Communicates deadlines and sales goals to team members.
- Support the Manufacturing Manager, Quality and Engineering functions to implement initiatives to continuously improve factory performance.
- Coach and train team members and lead by example to ensure the continued improvement of their performance and skill levels.
- Assists management with recruitment processes and new team member training and probation reviews.
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance.
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations.
- Promote team member adherence to company regulations and performance goals.
- Conducts performance appraisals of the team members
- Work with and advise the maintenance function to ensure the work environment and equipment of the Department is maintained in an optimum condition.
- Monitor and report relevant KPI's for the team to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Work collaboratively with other Team Leaders to deliver "through process" improvements to performance in quality, customer service and operational efficiency.
- Ensure production recording and documentation are maintained within the department in accordance with the AS9100 Quality System.
- Monitors/supervises employees working hours and holidays to ensure the production plan is not put at risks.
- Supervises overtime and expected outputs from working additional hours.
- Supports the Manufacturing Manager in management of poor timekeeping and absenteeism.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
GCSE or equivalent qualifications in English, Maths and Science
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Lean manufacturing
- IOSH Managing safely
- Excellent organisational skills
- Low level planning
Closing date is 23 rd October 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future