DIRECT REPORTS - 20
PERMANENT - CONTINENTAL SHIFTS - 7am till 7pm & 7pm till 7am
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are looking to recruit Production Supervisors for their client, a specialist manufacturer based in Newport, South Wales.
To supervise the day to day running of the designated area, ensuring a safe and organised workplace, high quality output and that the plan needs are met at optimal cost.
- Effectively manage your team through strong leadership and motivation to achieve outstanding performance in all disciplines including Quality, GMP / GDP, H & S, 5s and PPI/LEAN, including the delivery of the annual PMD process.
- Demonstrate role model leadership, ensuring accountability and good performance management for all in the team.
- Work closely with other Business functions (Quality, Engineering, HR) to resolve issues as and when they arise.
- Lead and manage labour resources as required to deliver production plan execution to meet plant KPI's at optimal cost.
- Manage the training and development of your team to achieve optimum production efficiency and product quality. This will include all SOP's, quality system requirements, documentation, H&S, GMP and 5s. Identify on-going training needs and liaise with others to complete if necessary. Maintain the skills matrix for all employees on your shift.
- Deputise for the Shift Manager when required.
- Maintain effective communication at all levels via formal/ informal meetings, briefings and visual aids, including delivery of Tier meetings.
- Carry out area audits/ inspections in line with Standard Leader Work.
- Monitor, measure and reduce product loss and wastage. To improve output efficiencies by the investigation of quality failures, implementation of corrective actions and to lead the drive for continuous improvement
- Conduct investigations (accidents/ disciplinary's, RCA) and recommend and implement the appropriate corrective or preventative actions in a timely manner.
- Ensure informal/formal meetings with direct and indirect employees are conducted in line with Company standards with regard to performance, conduct and absence.
- Utilise PPI and lean manufacture to achieve operational excellence in safety, quality, utilisation, yield and cost management. Actively identify and implement process improvements and best practice throughout the operation.
- Manage and support 5S in the workplace ensuring team and operator compliance to maintain the highest levels of hygiene and housekeeping.
- Ensure team and operator compliance in accordance with Company's Policies on Health and Safety, company, Company rules, regulations, 4I Values applicable legislation.
- Carry out any reasonable requests that are required to achieve the overall purpose of the job and to comply with the terms and conditions of employment operating throughout the Company. This may mean undertaking projects or additional tasks within the job holder's capability when required.
- Good standard of education
- Demonstrated strong level of communication at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment with minimal supervision
- Proven track record of supervising within a manufacturing plant.
- Goal oriented, with the ability to work under demanding conditions
- Represent your department in meetings as required
- Ability to learn, understand and carry out instructions.
- Salary £31-32k
- Overtime available at x1.5 and x2
- Pension - +2% increase on employees' contribution up to 8% capped
- Private health care
- Cycle to work scheme
- Option to buy and sell holidays
- X4 death in service
- Employee assistance program
- 23 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future