Project Engineer - Water Leakage
Full time - 3 month contract - may be extended
The role purpose:
The Project Engineer is a key member of the Operations Team leading the Project Team in the roll out of the company survey system within the UK Water Industry. Projects will require a variety of skills and equipment including leak detection and location.
Responsibilities will include liaising with Water Company representatives, site surveys, equipment installation and retrieval, maintenance of survey equipment, ongoing service support, compliance with company policies and procedures for safety and quality ultimately to ensure complete client satisfaction. The successful candidate will be responsible for a team of up to 4 Field Based Water Leakage Technicians.
Key Duties and accountabilities:
- Carry out all survey, installation and retrieval work in accordance with the company's Policies and Procedures, Health and Safety legislation and Environmental Standards
- Being responsible for delivery of projects from proposal stage to completion of field activities
- Maintenance and stock control of company survey devices
- Assisting with the production of reports for clients.
- Assisting with technical developments
- Liaison with Project Manager and with client representatives
- Ensure that all work undertaken is with the "Right First Time - Every Time" philosophy and ensure client satisfaction with the complete company service
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and on time, including the use of android based applications used to collect information from site
- Ensure all company workwear and PPE is worn and used, company vehicle is kept in a clean, tidy and well organised fashion and always promote a professional image on site
- Supervise, train, mentor and motivate Site Technicians within the team and train subcontractors as and when appropriate
- Work with the R&D team on improvements to the installation and system performance
- Work with subcontractors to ensure compliance with the company Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Must have the flexibility to work "out of region" as required. This may necessitate staying away from home occasionally for part of a working week.
- Occasional "out of hours" working may be required to complete specific tasks.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of similar work within the UK Water Industry
- Previous management/supervisory experience
- Valid UK Clean Driving Licence
- Manual Handling qualification
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- NRSWA Unit 2 Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- EUSR Water Hygiene Training
- Entry into NC2 Category Confined Space (Water Industry specific City and Guilds qualification)
Normal working hours are Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week. Must be flexible to work overtime as and when required to complete the job. Overnight stays may be required - all expenses are paid.
Competitive salary plus company vehicle, tools, PPE and expenses paid.
Closing date is 9 th July 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.