PROJECT MANAGER - PROGRAMMES
OUTSKIRTS OF NEWPORT
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are looking to recruit a Project Manager for our client, a specialist manufacturer based on the outskirts of Newport, South Wales.
Purpose of Role
Provision of day-to-day customer interface for project management, technical and project related commercial matters. Interfacing with external and internal stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery.
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, key responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Manage projects from enquiry stage through to production, ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery:
- Manage APQP (and any customer equivalent) system and team for the duration of the project ensuring customer targets are met
- Managing and controlling expenditure
- Organising constructive & timely meetings and reviews
- Oversee the Design and Validation Plan for New Projects
- In support of the new business development team, support the preparation of the commercial and technical response to customer RFQ including population of CER.
- Develop cost reduction programmes in line with customer expectation.
- Within the APQP process be the point of contact with customer interfacing with engineering, purchasing, quality and logistics functions.
- During the APQP process, build and develop a network of contacts within existing customer base.
- Use network to identify new business opportunities for Senior and continually promote the Senior product offering. Feed any relevant information into BD team to ensure all opportunities are maximised.
- Co-ordinate prototype / pre-production procurement and build.
- Maximise profitability of new and existing projects.
- Help guide product development by communicating future customer demands and expectations.
- Provide support to the Buyer to develop existing and new suppliers ensuring APQP/programme requirements are met.
- To complete any administration tasks as reasonably required of the role.
- Where required, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
- Preferably the successful candidate will have a Mechanical Engineering (BEng) or related degree.
- Seeking 3 years Project Management experience in a relevant field (preferably automotive/ land vehicle).
- Maintain a high standard of Health and Safety based upon safe working practices and support environmental initiatives.
- Communicate and support the embedding of customer service imperatives across other functions of the Company business.
- Collaborate with other Senior Plc businesses to ensure wider revenue generation opportunities are realised.
- Ensure that all work activities and records comply with Company Policies, Procedures and Codes of Practice.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Strong soft skills and an understanding of people behaviour and the self-awareness to react appropriately. Be politically astute.
- Demonstrate superior presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to internal stakeholders and customers, in a clear and concise manner.
- Highly professional and capable of being a strong ambassador for the company.
- Motivated and a self-starter & able to work on own initiative.
- Willing and able to travel globally and at times, at short notice.
8am-5pm Mon-Thur, 8am-1pm Fri
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Excellent Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme (Employee Contribution up to 10%/ Employer contribution up to 10%)
- Life Insurance (6 times annual salary)
- Access to pool cars for travel
- Company laptop/ phone
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working Policy
- Homeworking Policy
- Employee Events
- Recognition Awards
- Training and Development (Internal & External)
- Share Save Schemes
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future