PU Production Operative
Hawk 3 are proud to be working in partnership with one of Europe's largest manufacturer of carpet underlay and flooring accessories to recruit permanent Production Operatives for their Rossendale site.
As a key member of the Manufacturing Team, responsible for the efficient and safe running of their area within the production line to meet set targets to the required quality standard.
- To ensure efficient start-up at the beginning of each week and close down at the end of each week.
- Responsible for escalation of breakdown to Line Leader/Shift Supervisor.
- To ensure all resources are available to ensure efficient process changes.
- To adhere to production schedule (running order and quantities).
- Identification and reporting of early warning signs for faults.
- To adhere to agreed quality standards in both product and packaging.
- Responsible for ensuring that quality assurance (weight and gauge) checks are regularly undertaken in accordance with quality procedures and accurately recorded on the data capture.
- To Alert Line Leader/Shift Technologist/Shift Supervisor if quality requirements are not met.
- To maintain line speeds as a minimum.
- Responsible for ensuring all waste is disposed of in the correct manner (Recyclable materials sorted, scrap materials etc.) to reduce waste were possible.
Health & Safety
- To fully comply with all company Health and Safety regulations.
- To ensure that you wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- To follow all departmental JSI's to ensure a safe working environment.
- To report all near miss and/or incidents.
- To take ownership of your own and other employees safety.
- To ensure you maintain agreed standards of housekeeping and ensure areas are kept clear from obstruction and pedestrian areas are kept clear from slipping/tripping hazards.
- To take ownership for housekeeping within your own working areas.
Shift pattern - 3 Weekly rotation 12 hour shifts
40 Hour week
Overtime 1.5x base rate Monday - Saturday noon & 2x base rate Saturday noon - Sunday
25 Dawys holiday & 8 statory
3x salary life insurance
Pension 5% employee + 5% Employer
Closing date 23rd October 2021