Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are you looking for a Punch & Press Brake CNC Senior Programmer
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
- Be responsible for all programming and operational aspects of the Punch Press and Press Brakes.
- Review new products for best practice manufacture on the Punch Press and brakes.
- Maintain conformity within programmed parts databases.
- Ensure machine output is aligned with demand.
- Achieve product on time in full delivery based on target output requirements.
- Define, present and action improvement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all internal stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Work closely with the production engineering team to review and rationalise improvement projects to improve punch operational output to achieve on KPI targets.
- Apply core punch process review and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery.
- Optimise CNC punch production and press brakes in line with quality standards requirements.
- Consistent review of technological advancements within the metal blank manufacturing industry.
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, suppliers and other service providers as and when required.
This role would suit an individual who has previously worked in one of more of the following role:
- CAM Technician
- Multi Axis CNC Programmer
- Laser Programmers
- Lean ad Process Improvement
- CAM Software Technician
- Sheet Metal Design Engineers
It is essential that the individual has experience of sheet metal punching with a modern CNC punch
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of cross functional team members.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills.
- Competent in problem solving, planning and decision making.
- Previous experiece with digital programming prfereably CNC punch.
Qualifications and experience:
- HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline preferred.
- Six Sigma/Lean manufacturing related qualification would be beneficial.
- Previous experience with digital programming is a must.
- Experience implementing projects within batch manufacturing businesses.
- Experience of working within sheet metal fabrication with an understanding of related manufacturing processes and limitations.
- Proven track record of identifying and successfully implementing change.
- Previous involvement in New Product introduction would be beneficial.
- Experience of value analysis and value engineering techniques, root cause analysis, FMEA, value stream mapping, 5S and 8D would be beneficial.
- 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Free Eye Test
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Discount
- Staff Recommendation Scheme
Closing date is 30th of September 2020.
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.