Purchase Ledger Clerk
Southend on Sea SS3
£25k - £27k
Manage purchase ledger function and work closely with Finance manager to streamline processes
Working in a small team your role will be 80% Purchase Ledger processing around 700 invoices per month and 20% sales ledger.
- Review and continuously look to streamline process within accounts department.
- Manage Purchase ledger function
- Process high volumes of purchase ledger invoices (Around 700 per month)
- Follow up with mangers to sign of supplier invoices as well as dealing with queries.
- Banking duties update cashbook for incoming receipts/payments, process supplier payments UK and International.
- Filling of all supplier invoices
- Manage accounts email box responding to customer and suppliers’ queries
- Answer external and Accounts telephone calls
- Assist with analyzing spend for budget holders and other reporting.
- Assist with internal petty cash and credit card purchases
- Assist with annual and customer audit requests.
- Assist with Sales ledger function, chasing for money and dealing with customer queries.
- Other Adhoc duties as required by Finance Manager
Skills/Knowledge and Experience
- Intermediate Excel – Vlookuo and Pivot tables
- Experienced in processing high-volume of supplier invoices
- Team Player
- Basic knowledge of VAT