Quality Assurance Technician
Inskip, (near Preston)
£21,000 – £22,000
Full Time – Shift starting at 06:30am Monday to Friday
*** Immediate Starts are Available***
Working for client who has been in the FMCG industry for over 70 years and still hold the highest of standards for all their consumers. We are looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Technician to join the team in their purpose-built factory. They process, pack and disturb all the meet products on site and with their guarantee promise they are growing with in the industry again and becoming one of the most well-known companies in the UK.
The role and responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Technician is too:
- Carry out all necessary quality checks of both raw materials and finished products to ensure
- product quality, legality and safety. These checks will be performed before, during and after the production process
- Monitor staff to ensure that the Company and Legislative hygiene rules are adhered to.
- Identify and report potential problems that may affect product quality or food safety to the
- Factory Manager / Technical Manager or their deputy.
- Ensure traceability and presence of all relevant paperwork
- Perform Metal Detection tests and if necessary (in the event of a failure) implement corrective
- actions as stated in procedure SMP.DPS.01 Metal Detection.
- Collate raw material and finished product samples for microbiological, nutritional, and chemical analysis as indicated on the Sampling Matrix or as requested by the QA or Technical Manager.
- Monitor Returned Products and ensure they are all recorded and disposed of correctly.
- Provide cover in the absence of the QA Inspector and ensure that all his/her duties are carried out.
- The QA Technician will provide cover in the absence of the other QA
- To ensure that HACCP is followed and CCP’s are monitored
- To assist with the investigation & corrective actions about customer complaints as required
- To assist/carry out GMP and Glass & Plastic Audits plus traceability exercises.
- To complete any other duties as required by senior management
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Recent experience in a Quality related role is desired but not essential.
- Have good PC skills.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent oral and written skills showing a very high level of accuracy and detail.
- Have a good level of education especially in Maths and English, and any Quality related subject is a definite benefit.
- Will have a positive and flexible manner and be an Ambassador for Right First Time and Quality on the shift.
In return, you will benefit from working for a company which recognise hard work and promotes from with in its own ranks. Also, a basic salary of £21,000-£22,000, Holiday package, Early finish Friday’s!
Closing date is * 1 month from advert post unless agreed otherwise*
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are acting as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future