Hawk 3 are looking to recruit a Quality Engineer for my client, a specialist manufacturer based in Cwmbran. This role is full time, permanent and offers excellent progression opportunities for the right candidate.
- Conduct inspections at in-process, in-coming and completes the final inspections.
- Complete process adherence audits.
- Participate in Internal and Supplier Audits and support third party audits.
- Perform first article inspections to support the qualification process.
- Review Customer Issues and Out of Box failure reports and once root cause is identified, implement the changes necessary to prevent recurrence.
- Initiate Non-Conformance reports as required
- Promote and use problem solving tools and techniques to determine root cause, implement changes necessary to prevent re-occurrence.
- Work with suppliers to determine root cause and permanent corrective actions.
- Conduct various tests and quality checks on finished products. Ensure that all products have been tested and fall within standards, measured to specifications and within tolerances, readability of labels, etc.
- Document and report inspection findings and results and drive corrective actions.
- Agree Compliance procedures to ensure product shipped meets requirements.
- Perform accurate mechanical, physical, and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies as per Inspection Plans and Specification Requirements.
- Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
- Train staff in quality assurance and control techniques.
- Document information on the computer in various databases and other internal programs; provide data for cell boards and manage whiteboard reviews as part of continuous improvement.
- Participate in New Product Introduction activities and cross functional reviews.
- Lead continuous improvement activities such as 5S, Gembas and Kaizens in Production.
- Lead own DMAIC improvements and share with the wider business.
- Requires education generally equivalent to a national diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment.
- Self-starter and requires minimal supervision.
- Effective teamwork, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Lean/Yellow Belt certification
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, ISO27001 and ATEX
- Internal Auditor trained and experience
- Self-motivated individual actively drives corrective actions and CI.
- The right person for this role will be a highly visible front-line achiever who will carry the organization forward and grow the role.
This role is a permanent contract for 37.5 hour per week
7.30-16.00 Mon to Thurs and 7.30 - 13.00 Friday
Salary: £32-37k depending on skills and experience
- 25 days hols plus bank Hols
- Life Assurance
- Share Scheme
- Cash back health plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to online learning platform
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.