Permanent: Quality Engineer
Location: Cinderford, Gloucestershire
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 0800-1600
25 days holiday + bank holidays
There is currently an opportunity for a role within Operations of this well-established company. The position is set within busy department where you will be working closely with internal and external customers and vendors and reporting to the appropriate Managers.
Assist/Support Technical/Production Staff by providing expertise to resolve Quality issues within the production operation. Work in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvement, ensuring the Quality Management System is adhered to at all times.
- Assist in managing all quality-related issues within the manufacturing team (e.g. internal, supplier and customer)
- Analyse and report on non-conformances and defects
- Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues
- Work to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality standards
- Carry out product and process auditing
- Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators including scrap monitoring, internal rejects, customer complaints, product failure rate parts per million (PPM) figures
- Ensure compliance and assist with maintaining the Quality Management system to meet ISO9001 requirements
Creation and control of documentation (procedures, standards, OPL etc.)
- Assist with training of quality awareness
- Manage and coordinate data collection, analysis, problem solving and reporting in a timely manner
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Facilitate and Coordinate production QRQC problem solving activities
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Assist the Production Coordinator with new product introduction
- Assist in dispositioning of non-conforming products
- Record and action customer returns and internal rejects
- Complete 8D documentation within deadlines
- Carry out product micro sectioning and reporting
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required for the position
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Management/ Supervision.
- Knowledge of quality tools e.g. 8D, 5Why, Ishikawa, Process Capability etc.
Knowledge of ISO9001
Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers and other service providers
Team working skills
Support technical team with PPAP,IMDS and FMEA documentation
Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma Knowledge
Sound Computer Skills
Document creation and control
Produce micro section reports as required
Approval of controlled documents
Product Release Authority
Disposition of non-conforming product
Liaise with customers/suppliers in relation to quality issues
Closing date is 16th April 2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.