Job: Quality Inspector (Metal)
Salary: £11 - £13ph
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 45 hours per week Monday to Friday, occasional Saturdays. Overtime (enhanced rate) paid after 45 hours.
Our Metal Quality Inspectors are the people on the ground who keep traffic in and out of the depot flowing smoothly and safely and ensure they deliver the best customer service. Without their keen eye for detail, organisational and problem solving skills, our depots wouldn't be the successes they are today.
As a Metal Quality Inspector, you will further develop your knowledge and expertise of what it takes to be at the forefront. You will also be able to build on and expand your current skills by taking that next step in your career.
- Managing all vehicles entering and exiting the depot, liaising with customers and other team members to keep a steady flow of traffic moving within the depot.
- Acting as first point of contact for customers to resolve any issues/problems, developing and maintaining professional relationships.
- Compile reports and update database
- Accurately grading incoming and outgoing scrap deliveries to agreed standards.
- Identifying and separating non-conforming materials, recording and documenting evidence, and applying the associated penalties.
- Provide assistance in hand sorting and separating different metal types and grades into the relevant bays, bales or containers.
- Operating mobile and fixed plant when required - training will be provided.
- Assisting with training new starters and colleagues on grading of material where required.
- Carrying out all necessary paperwork and ad hoc admin support.
- Strictly adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures, as well monitoring all customers on site.
- Report any near misses of defects to the depot management and H&S team.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Do you have previous experience in a similar role or environment?
- Do you have experience using Excel?
- Do you have the ability to work within a busy environment ensuring the highest standard of customer service and H&S Compliance?
- Are you familiar with metal grades? If not, we can train you
- Are you organised adaptable to meet business priorities?
- Are you comfortable working outside?
- Can you work Saturdays mornings?
Closing date is 11 th November
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future