Hawk 3 are looking for an Experienced Quality Inspector who is a highly motivated individual to work for our client, a leading Global Aerospace Engineering company based in Wolverhampton.
Reporting in to the Quality Systems and Control Manager, the role will include the inspection of both internally produced and supply chain products, completion of AS9102 First Article Inspection and CMM Program Prove Outs.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Quality Control and Inspection tasks including: General inspection of parts both manufactured on and offsite and where necessary First Article Inspection.
- Support engineering investigations for internal or external drivers.
- The incumbent must have broad knowledge of inspection across high precision aerospace components (Hydraulic Manifolds, Cylinders, Ramrods and Gears). Knowledge of Heat Treatment and Wet Processes would be advantageous.
- Encourages an environment of continuous improvement to attain elevated Quality attitudes and superior standards of workmanship.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Knowledge and experience with complex machined parts finishing processes and workmanship standards
- High level of experience in the operation of CMMs using Zeiss Calypso software including opearting and programming.
- Background and experience in use of variety of inspection techniques and gauging. 3 years of Quality Assurance experience may be substituted for 5 years manufacturing or A&T experience.
- Have an analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Have Inspection knowledge and use of a wide variety of gauges and sophisticated measuring equipment (CMM, Roundness machine, Surface Analyser, Moulding/Shadowgraph etc.)
- Be able to interpret complex machined part engineering drawings, processes and procedures
- Familiar with AS9102 First Article Reporting. Knowledge of VisualFAIR software a distinct advantage.
- Have the ability to work across functional teams
- Have experience of working with Quality Systems and a sound knowledge of ISO9000 & Inspection sampling plans.
- An hourly pay rate of £18.71
- 25 days annual leave pro rata (plus statutory)
This is a Temporary Ongoing role, with a view to lasting approx 6 months but with potential to be extended or even become a permanent position.
Hawk 3 are acting as an Employment Business on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.