gap Professional are working with a well-established, family run business in search of a Quality Manager to work on a permanent basis at their site based in Deeside. As the Quality Manager you will ensure that all company products and services meet the quality standards before they go to market. You will be responsible for outlining quality standards and developing quality control
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday / 8 hours shifts / Various hours
- £35k per annum
- Maintain and develop the site Quality Systems, to ensure compliance with relevant UK Food Regulations for Foods, BRC Technical Standard and the Soil Association Organic Standards.
- Facilitate Third Party Certification, Local Authority and Customer audits, ensuring that all non-conformities raised are actioned and addressed within the required timescales.
- Develop and Manage the site Internal Audit Program, ensuring that all audits are undertaken and completed within the agreed timescales.
- Undertake Route Cause Analysis for relevant Non-conformities, to identify and implement appropriate Corrective Action.
- Responsible for leading the Site HACCP Team.
- Work with the Site Management Team to Identify and Implement Continual Improvement Measures.
- Investigate Customer Complaints, to identify corrective action, to prevent recurrence and provide customers with appropriate written reports.
- Liaise with Third Party service providers, including Pest Control Contractor, Work Ware supplier, Cleaning Chemical supplier and Laboratory Analytical Services (for routine testing of Micro, Nutritional and Allergens).
- Monitor relevant UK legislation and Certification Standards, ensuring that the Quality System is revised, to ensure continual compliance.
- Manage the QC Technician, ensuring that all routine testing, on-line checks and product release is completed within required timescales.
- Carry out routine Quality Briefings with Production Staff and undertake Inductions for New Starters.
- Develop, Maintain and Deliver a Training Program for the Site Quality Management System.
- Develop a Good Understanding of the Site Manufacturing Processes, including Key Equipment, Fails Safe Measures, Processing Conditions and Tolerances.
- Proven experience as a Quality Manager.
- Knowledge of HACCP, BRC Standards, Food Legislation and Food Hygiene.
- Previous experience of managing a team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Customer focussed.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.