Quality Assurance Manager
An opportunity to join a market leader within stainless stell processing for a Quality Manager.
Purpose of Role
In order to achieve this they need to excel on all dimensions of operational performance against a backdrop of continual improvement. The investment in new technologies and systems will provide all necessary resources for future development. It’s imperative that the management structure adapts to support the same growth and remain flexible to meet the ever changing needs of the market.
Quality& Manager has a key role in achieving these deliverables, taking the lead on operational quality, developing the notion of “Right Product, at the Right Price, at the Right Time, Every Time”.
A process of Continual Improvement and Learning From Experience (LFE) will be core to h Quality improvements.
Over and above the day to day involvement the Quality Manager will take a lead role in the management and maintenance of our exiting accreditations and the achievement of our aspirational Quality objectives including ISO 19443.
The company require an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to provide company leadership in the implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the companywide quality management process. Proactively managing the elements of the quality systems to ensure compliance with applicable national and international quality systems employed by the company.
- Responsible for the Quality assurance management system and continuous improvement.
- Communicate changes and share quality knowledge effectively through the appropriate use of written reports, verbal instruction, personal and group discussion, and presentation with appropriate departments or personnel.
- Provide leadership when educating the “company” on quality practices by proactively managing out employee misperceptions on or of quality.
- Understand current and (any) future quality systems employed by the Company that are required to meet national and international standards that enhance our offering.
- Responsible for internal / external non-compliance resolution and implementation of timely and effective corrective / preventative action.
- Plan and implement, as defined in the quality assurance program, activities such as audits,
- Liaise with all departments across the organisation to ensure that the quality system is functioning correctly.
- Responsible for ensuring quality objectives are achieved including the development and administration of in-house quality training.
- Be aware of the need for teamwork, supporting and encouraging colleagues to transfer knowledge and skills that improve Individual and Company performance.
- To instigate improved methods of working and provide the methods of achieving these improvements to the relevant departments whilst ensuring that current quality procedures are updated, adhered to, and improved.
- Responsible for interaction with customers, suppliers, sub-contractors and internal departments on all quality related matters.
Experience and Skills Required
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of quality systems and improvement tools, with experience of ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001
- Management / leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal / written
- Engineering / manufacturing environment experience.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Desirable requirements.
- Experience in profiling / fabrication environment.
- An understanding of ISO 14001
- Experience of manufacture and systems for the nuclear industry.
- The Person
- A professional approach which generates credibility and confidence in others.
- The ability to work in partnership and across boundaries to achieve results.
- Confident and assertive with a self motivated approach and flexible attitude.
- The ability to overcome obstacles to solve problems to achieve results.
- Ability to cope with pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- A personal commitment to continuous self-development.
- The flexibility to work outside normal office hours to attend meetings and events.
- Personal commitment to the corporate values and objectives of Steel Dynamics and culture of continuous service improvement.
- To respect and work positively with others to create a workplace that is inclusive, a service that is responsive to individual needs.
Closing date is 04.05.2022