Bridgend, South Wales
Permanent – Full Time
Salary: £40K - £45K plus benefits
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are looking to recruit a Quality Manager for our client, an innovative and successful privately owned SME that designs and manufactures hi-tech capital equipment for worldwide export with a head office in the UK and two overseas offices. The Quality Manager will manage and oversee the Quality Management System, smoothly coordinating activities to ensure continual compliance with ISO 9001 standards. This role also currently includes responsibility for health and safety.
- Co-ordinate, control and carry out periodic internal quality audits in accordance with ISO 9001 certification requirements and manage external quality audits as required by the assessment body.
- Ensure up to date maintenance of quality records and manuals; define and introduce new and revised quality procedures as required.
- Chair regular management quality review meetings to report on quality issues and take whatever action is necessary as a result.
- Ensure timely corrective and preventative action is taken with regard to all quality procedures so as to ensure continued compliance with quality standards.
- Communicate with sub-contractors and suppliers to assess suitability and carry out continuous monitoring of their performance.
- Ensure NPD process is followed rigorously and that all applicable gate reviews are held and signed off by appropriate management team members.
- Ensure that new products comply with the relevant standards and directives as part of the validation stage of the NPD process.
- Write quality plans for customers to ensure appropriate use of company products and method of work statements in relation to installations at customer premises.
- Monitor and maintain test equipment (Including calibration).
- Maintain an up to date knowledge base of appropriate quality standards.
- Deal with customer questionnaires regarding ISO9001/Build Standards/International Certifications/ Suppliers.
- Security Manager: Responsible for maintaining the Known Consignor accreditation and hosting the annual audit and assessment.
- Act as main company representative for health and safety issues:
o Conduct induction training relating to health and safety.
o Carry out in-house risk assessments, health and safety inspections.
o Coordination of First Aid members and act as Fire Warden - fire extinguisher inspection, fire alarm testing, fire drills and insurance visits.
o Contractors’ health and safety questionnaires (installation and servicing).
Experience and Personal Qualities:
This is a key role reporting directly to the Managing Director and working with a variety of internal stakeholders to deliver quality improvements through the effective implementation of robust procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment.
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor trained.
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety legislation advantageous but not essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to engage with colleagues and other stakeholders at all levels and effect change.
- Accuracy and a high level of attention to detail with excellent planning skills to be able to manage conflicting and changing priorities and meet deadlines.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.